Re: theos-l digest: September 16, 1999 REVOCATION -- EXCOMMUNICATION etc.

Sep 17, 1999 10:04 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Till Internet became a reality and JEM saw the need and the good that a
(uncensored) maillist can do and implemented it (at his own personal cost
and made is available free to anyone in the world) very little was known
about the going ons around the world. This is due to the information
channels not being available outside of the official ones.

By compartmentalization of information, happenings in one part of the world
is rarely known in other parts. For example, I am told that when there was
some problem in the Yugoslavian Section, the Danish Section did not know
about it till about two years later. Now info flows with the speed of light.

This is one of the reasons that we frequently see msgs about the
organizational issues coming up here.

On a personal note, several years ago, in the pre Internet days, when I
inquired one of the officials about the problems in Denmark, the response
was how does it concern me, a member of American Section. This seems to be
one way information dissemination was curtailed. No more with Internet.

mkr