Falun Dafa/Falun Gong

Jul 26, 1999 05:58 AM
by M K Ramadoss

To me, the emergence of interest in Falun Dafa or Falun Gong is very
interesting. While large number of Chinese in China belong to the group,
there appears to be a widespread interest in the USA as well. As a
curious observer of the New Age, I visited a website of the group in
Atlanta.

In the website it states,

high level

 in the Buddhas' School, is founded by Mr. Li

 Hongzhi, Great Master of Falun Buddha Law. "By

 assimilating to the supreme cosmic quality----

 Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truth, Compassion and

 Forbearance) as its foundation, it is guided by the

 supreme quality of the cosmos; therefore what we

 cultivate is a great law and a great way." Works by

 Master Li Hongzhi on expounding Falun Buddha

 Law, "

</paraindent>

Who can argue with any movement whose objective is Truth, Compassion and
Forberance. Another aspect that is interesting is the way they claim
everything they have to offer is free.

In the modern day and age, when collecting fee, forced "love offering",
suggested donation, donation for this or that targeted objective, as well
as the traditional passing the plate and myriads of other techniques of
making attendees pay ( I am not arguing about the 1001 reasons why money
is needed and need to be collected), this group seems to be offering
their classes free. The website states:

                      " We offer free Falun Gong classes and workshops.
No

                       charge. No donations. No obligations. For
schedules

                       and locations, click here.

                       We also offer free classes at your location. You

                       organize them and we teach them free.

                       Falun Gong is a high-level cultivation system,
beyond

                       ordinary Chi-gong that offers stress relief and
health

                       improvement. It has five sets of exercises that
are

                       smooth, slow, and easy to learn. It also has
profound

                       principles guiding the cultivation of mind and
body. But

                       unlike Tai-chi or Yoga, this system is advanced
and is

                       completely non-profitable. "

They are even offering to run classes on invitation. In addition I found
their currently published books have been put on the Internet for
download for free download. All of this contrary to the accepted way of
doing "business." in today's world.

In the East it not considered ok to charge a fee for a lecture, lesson
etc. May be the Eastern tradition has finally found its success in the
West.

mkr