Re: mix

Jun 29, 1999 01:07 AM
by hesse600

> Ramadoss wrote:
>
> >CELLULAR PHONES AND BRAIN TUMORS?
>
> I don't know....but do you know if you can get tumors by using a pager??
> do you think so??
Well, the chances of cancer due to those radio waves are
proportionate to the amount of direct use. I mean: the time
of transmission is what is damaging. A pager needs only a
very short time to transmit its message: namely only a
telephone-number, so the risk would be relatively small.
In fact comparable to the risk you are under when watching
tv or something.

It seems to me that we cannot really avoid these
radiowaves, so I am not personally worried very much. There
is no use. I will get cancer, or I will not. Very simple.

Katinka
NHL Leeuwarden
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl