Re: Some Questions

May 20, 1999 06:24 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 5/20/99 7:12:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
gschueler@netgsi.com writes:

> The Great Perfection (Dzogchen)
>  would include nirvana as being maya as well.
Only on basis of Nagajuna's form is emptiness, emptiness is form, nirvana is
samsara, samsara is nirvana.  An technically, maya is not Dzog chen term.
Anyway, the idea is that the mind is its own place that can make a heaven of
hell or a hell of heaven (the devil does get a few good lines) and it is the
mind that is samsaric or nirvanic.

Also in the Secret Instruction cycle of Dzogchen (Upadesha) in the Central
Asian transmission amongst Kalmucks, it is said that our system is so screwed
up that there is no evolution through reincarnation here.  Reincarnation is
totally caught up by the karma produced by tanha.  ONLY AFTER tanha is
extinguished (nirvana) and one is enlightened, can an individual from our
system join the agenda of the other systems and resume a reincarnating
process of spiritual evolution into progressively higher states of being.  We
are under a cosmic quarantine and not allowed to advance until we are cured
of the plague infecting our system.  So, isolated by higher agencies from
other systems, they have also made it such that reincarnation here is not a
series of lessons.  Rather, under quarantine, reincarnation for us is just a
holding pattern, so to speak, until we are cured.