Re: teaching? morals? ethics?

Mar 14, 1999 11:44 AM
by Hazarapet

In a message dated 3/12/99 6:01:04 AM Central Standard Time,
hesse600@tem.nhl.nl writes:

<<
 > There are advanced beings.  They just don't wear it on their lapel.
 But they are not superior to common person but morally
 equal because common person is advanced being in potential.
 > Grigor

 I do not agree with the last part of that. To put it
 bluntly: I do think a person like Hitler hides his moral
 potential so well that he is in a different leage from
 someone like Mother Teresa.
 I do agree that we are all potential Buddha's, but that
 does not mean that we are so in practice.  >>
What is there to disagree with in last part?  All I said was superior beings
are not above real morality.  In that, they are like everyone else.  Are you
saying for some, crime is not crime or that some do not have moral status?
That is what Hitler was.  Some don't morally count.  Jews were not persons.
Ordinary souls say in their practice others count less than me.  Superior
beings are, I say, morally superior to us in their service to all for all.
They are nevertheless equally obligated to all to respect all as we all are.
Their main superiority is they practice what they preach, we don't.  So, they
excell in treating each equally as all ought to be treated.

Grigor