Re: theos-l digest: January 30, 1999

Jan 30, 1999 09:54 PM
by kymsmith

Dallas wrote:

>Again, why should the intermixing of the gametes invoke a
>"soul/mind" to use a potential "body/form" which will not have
>any future as a living human ?

That's a good question - but the same question can be applied to the
circumstance of an infant dying after only a few days or months.  Is the
experience of being an infant for a few days "worth" an entry of a
"soul/mind?"  I'm not sure if I want to declare that immediately born
infants do not possess a "soul/mind" although I do know there are those who
believe the "soul" enters even a few days later.  Could be true, I don't
know.  But if a "soul/mind" did enter a "being" that had no future in
'humandom,' would that really still constitute a "waste of time?"  Is there
nothing to learn or experience even in the gamete stage?  Maybe, but what
is to be learned and experienced as a day-old infant only to die that very
night?

It would seem to me that EVERY circumstance a "soul/mind" may find itself
in could potentially be a worthwhile experience - from rock to bug to
gamete to human to whatever.  But if someone asked "Kym, are you willing to
eat dirt to stand by that statement?"  Hmmm, I guess my answer would depend
on how many people were watching.

Kym