RE: theos-l digest: January 29, 1999

Jan 30, 1999 05:52 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Jan 30th

Dear Katinka:

The reason that I say that Mme. Blavatsky presented as Theosophy
(its theories, propositions and doctrines) an aspect of the
ancient and immemorial THEOSOPHY of the Ages, is that she said
so, and that the Masters of Wisdom endorsed her.  But that
acceptance (of mine, and the consequent respect I pay to HPB's
writings) is not based on their say-so or any "Authority."  She
gives all credit to those "Masters."  And further she states that
They are the original Rishis and Dhyanis who were responsible for
the establishment of our Earth and its evolutionary progress.  Is
that puzzling ?

If one studies the writings of HPB carefully one will become
sooner or later convinced of their value, their coherency, and
the consecutive nature and inter-relation of all the statements
made.  Again this is something that one builds up for ones' self.
It has to become a matter of inner conviction and self-authority.

I have no idea why you seem "tired" of my reiteration - if you
can explain  the reason for that to me, then I might be able to
point to something that can explain it/or my own affirmation.

Dallas

PS  Unless I am much mistaken you also made some comments on the
cloning of the sheep "Dolly"  I read the posts and comments.

Theosophically, sheep and animals do not have the same kind of
"soul-nature" or "soul-development" that humans have.  The
all-important Mind aspect of such a form is still to be
developed.  The "instinct" of an animal form, is not the
"ratiocination" or the "independent self-identity and moral
responsibility" of a human, even the most savage.

No where (that I know) in Theosophy is there shown to be an
unbroken link between animals and humans.  The Life that animates
the animal has a different process of re-embodiment from that of
a human, and is actuated by Nature, without any
self-consciousness (or individual/personal Karma) being active.

Dal

---