Re: theos-l digest: January 18, 1999

Jan 19, 1999 01:16 AM
by kymsmith

Dallas (?) wrote:

>>I consider it a pressing duty for all who have benefited from
>HPB
>>to challenge anyone who dares criticize or condemn her in any
>>way.

"Dares?"  Of course one must "dare" (I just love that!) to challenge
philosophical/religious/theosophical teachings.  It is required!

To do anything less is to make a mockery of the thinking mind.

I am taken aback that a Theosophist of today would even utter such a thing
- but why am I?  HPB had a robust vicious streak when it came to people who
"dared" challenge her - very, very unseemly for someone who claimed to have
special insight in areas such as Compassion.

Then again, maybe she was simply tired of the "Mahatmas" making lame and
rather sexist remarks about her to her male counterparts.

Kym