Re: Why Attack Fellow Theosophists?

Jan 18, 1999 05:07 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Jerry Schueler <gschueler@netgsi.com> writes
>I have been a Theosophist for over 30 years, and have
>read and studied a vast amount of material. I am not
>an enemy of Theosophy. I belong to two TSs and have
>respect for their respective viewpoints and emphases.
>I would love for anyone who disagrees with anything I
>write to just say so and explain why in a friendly manner.
>I could be wrong. But to attack with emotional invective
>just makes me think that I must be right.

Well said.  I have been a theosophist, albeit perhaps of a different
colour - but what's wrong with that? - for over 40 years.  Someone
posted an item recently to the effect that nothing HPB had said had
been proved wrong.  I disagreed and pointed, by way of example, to an
article by R.A.Gilbert on my web site.

There was no response whatsoever.  I have not personally received
emotional invective in respect of my views, but I do receive on a regular
basis long articles in one or more of my personal e-mail boxes which
are also posted to this list.  I have taken to posting them back to the
sender, as they are nothing more nor less than spam.

I, for one, do not need to receive "quotes from theosophical sources" -
most of which contain quite basic material which I can look up from my
bookshelf whenever I choose.  Posting them to the list is a fair and
legitimate use of the facility, but "mail-bombing" lists of individual
subscribers is not.

So there!

Alan
---------