Re: January 14, 1999 - Grief

Jan 16, 1999 05:02 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

kymsmith@micron.net writes, and quotes Murray
>>One thing that theosophical sources offer, is the possibility of meeting
>>our dead loved ones on the inner planes while we sleep. This one is both
>>nice and tantalising, as we generally remember nothing of it. Dreams - take
>>lightly; they can be just subconscious dregs being thrown up while
>>processing, or may symbolise some kind of inner-level contact in an
>>expressive and precious way.

This, in my experience, is not an offering, but a reality - but, as Murray
says, generally not remembered.

>This is very interesting.  There have been times, in the past, while
>grieving, that I have awoken with the feeling that "something" happened -
>something that helped me, something that comforted me, something that told
>me all is well.

This is often a genuine indication that the above has happened.
Sometimes, with effort, some small details of the encounter can be
recalled.

>This particular time is fraught with bad dreams - dreams that she's not
>really dead and is buried alive and suffering, dreams that there are bugs
>coming in and out of her ears, dreams where I find her under a pile of
>ashes still alive.  Clearly, my mind is struggling to accept this death,
>but it somehow must.

IMHO, these may be dreams by association - you associate the person
(perhaps) with the body they formerly occupied, rather than the
soul/spirit that you actually knew, loved, and talked with before.

Your "bereavee" is, you may be certain, alive and well and somewhere
else - and, on occasion, reachable one to one.  This, for me, is common
experience, and experience I have been extremely grateful to have.  As
I get older, I am finding that I have more "dead" friends than live ones.

Death is a process of transition from this place to the next, about which
the books claim to tell us so much and abut which so little can be
verified at a personal level.

If you can, dear Kym, see if you can reach out, not with your
intellectualised thoughts, but with your "mind" - your soul, your inner self
- the real you that knows the real her.  She is around, but she may also
be very busy - aren't we all?  Often when we call people on the phone,
they are out.  But they are still doing something somewhere ....

Love with a dash of mush,

Alan
---------
Simply Occult ..........