Death Grieving

Jan 09, 1999 01:01 PM
by Jerry Schueler

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE3BE6.BD2FDCE0

Yes,  those who die can usually feel emotions and even pick up on some =
thoughts
of those left behind, but only for some days.  Do not worry about grief. =
 Trying to
repress your grief is downright unhealthy.  Just be yourself.  If you =
really loved
a deceased person, then that love will touch them just as surely as the =
grief does,
and they will understand. The esoteric teaching is that grief for the =
deceased is
usually not necessary or even helpful to the deceased.  But grieving is =
necessary
to many who are left behind and to repress this is not healthy. It is =
not the dead
who need sympathy, but the living who are left behind.

Jerry S.

>I have just lost a most precious loved one due to sudden death.  I have
read that grieving for one who has passed over can actually hinder their
journey - that the grief of those 'left behind' can serve as a kind of =
tie
to the earthly realm for the deceased one.  In one way, this makes =
sense,
but in another way, it seems unfair (that word again!) that one who has
passed on can be at the 'mercy' of those who grieve and rage against the
death.  Does the grief and pain of those left behind affect the one who =
has
passed on?  If so, in what way?  I am interested in any thoughts or
comments on this particular theory. >

>It seems so hard not to grieve, and, not to mention how guilty a loved =
one
could end up feeling if they knew they were "holding back" the deceased
loved one!  >

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE3BE6.BD2FDCE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Yes,&nbsp; those who die can usually =
feel=20
emotions and even pick up on some thoughts</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT size=3D2>of those left =
behind, but=20
only for some days.&nbsp; Do not worry about grief.&nbsp; Trying =
to</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>repress your grief is downright unhealthy.&nbsp; =
Just be=20
yourself.&nbsp; If you really loved</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>a deceased person, then that love will touch them =
just as=20
surely as the grief does,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>and they will understand. The esoteric teaching is =
that grief=20
for the deceased is</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>usually not necessary or even helpful to the =
deceased.&nbsp;=20
But grieving is necessary</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>to many who are left behind and to repress this is =
not=20
healthy. It is not the dead</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>who need sympathy, but the living who are left=20
behind.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Jerry S.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&gt;I have just lost a most precious loved one due to sudden =
death.&nbsp; I=20
have<BR>read that grieving for one who has passed over can actually =
hinder=20
their<BR>journey - that the grief of those 'left behind' can serve as a =
kind of=20
tie<BR>to the earthly realm for the deceased one.&nbsp; In one way, this =
makes=20
sense,<BR>but in another way, it seems unfair (that word again!) that =
one who=20
has<BR>passed on can be at the 'mercy' of those who grieve and rage =
against=20
the<BR>death.&nbsp; Does the grief and pain of those left behind affect =
the one=20
who has<BR>passed on?&nbsp; If so, in what way?&nbsp; I am interested in =
any=20
thoughts or<BR>comments on this particular theory. &gt;<BR><BR>&gt;It =
seems so=20
hard not to grieve, and, not to mention how guilty a loved one<BR>could =
end up=20
feeling if they knew they were &quot;holding back&quot; the =
deceased<BR>loved=20
one!&nbsp; &gt;<BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE3BE6.BD2FDCE0--