Sex is not a dirty word

Jan 05, 1999 10:31 PM
by kymsmith

Jerry wrote:

>Now, if those who oppose =
>these two ideas and choose not to enter into any discussion of them are =
>under 35 or 40 years, then that is OK and I respect their personal =
>choice.

Well, I am under 40 years old and I believe that we should be able to talk
about sex without freaking out and running naked down the road.  I will
"respect" a person under 40 for thinking this way due only to the fact that
they are a part of me and ALL - but I still would think that society or
some other influencing force has caused them some serious harm and they
should seek counseling and/or therapy.

In this day of AIDS, teen pregnancy, scarce availability of birth
control/abortion clinics, overpopulation, lack of child care, the rebirth
of the desire to "shame" those who engage in anything other than marital
sex, etc., any lack of knowledge regarding sex - be it esoteric or
exoteric, mental or physical - should not be tolerated.  These days,
ignorance can kill you or get you psychologically stoned by a mob. . ..

Kym