Some quotations from Theosophical Sources

Dec 08, 1998 01:26 PM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Dec 7th 1998

WHAT EVOLVES ?

"It is the Spiritual evolution of the inner, immortal man that
forms the fundamental tenet in the Occult Sciences."		SD I 634

NATURE AS A WHOLE AND MAN EVOLVE

"...the "Spiritual lines" refers to the evolution of man's as
well as all Nature's principles;  Sixth principle
[BUDDHI-Wisdom ]in Man (Buddhi, the Divine Soul) though a mere
breath, in our conceptions, is still something material when
compared with Divine "Spirit" (Atma) of which it the carrier or
vehicle.

Fohat in his capacity of DIVINE LOVE (Eros), the electric power
of affinity and sympathy, is shown allegorically as trying to
bring the pure Spirit, the Ray inseparable from the ONE ABSOLUTE
into union with the Soul [MANAS], the two constituting in Man the
MONAD, and in Nature, the fist link between the ever
unconditioned and the manifested."	SD I 119
[  see KAMADEVA in the THEOSOPHICAL GLOSSARY by HPB p, 170-1 :
"Desire fist arose in It, that was the primal germ of mind...
..]

AN EVOLUTIONARY WAVE and the many MONADS  --  The SPIRITUAL MONAD

"...the "Wave of Evolution"...stops at the door of our Globe
[ D ] at its 4th cycle or Round.  It is at this point that the
Cosmic Monad (buddhi) will be wedded to and become the vehicle of
the Atmic Ray, i.e., it (Buddhi) will awaken to an apperception
of it (Atman);  and thus enter on the first steps of a new
septenary ladder of evolution..."As above, so below."  Man is the
Microcosm of the Universe...Concretion follows the lines of
abstraction;  corresponding to the highest must be the lowest;
the material to the spiritual...

..the spiritual Monad is ONE, UNIVERSAL, BOUNDLESS and
IMPARTITE, whose Rays, nevertheless, form what we, in our
ignorance, call the "Individual Monads" of men...The "Mona" is
the combination of the last two "principles" in man, the 6th
(Buddhi) and the 7th (Atma), and...the term "human monad" applies
only the dual soul (Atma-Buddhi), not to its highest spiritual
vivifying Principle Atma, alone.  But since the Spiritual Soul,
if divorced from the latter (Atma) could have no existence, no
being, it has thus been called.....

The atom, as represented in the ordinary scientific hypothesis,
is not a particle of something, animated by a psychic something,
destined after aeons to blossom as a man.  But it is a concrete
manifestation of the Universal Energy which itself has not yet
become individualized;  a sequential manifestation of the one
Universal Monas...The tendency to segregation of individual
Monads is gradual, and in the higher animals comes almost to the
point...

As the Monads are uncompounded things...it is the spiritual
essence which vivifies them in their degree of differentiation,
which properly constitutes the Monad-not their degrees of
differentiation, which properly constitute the Monad-not the
atomic aggregation, which is only the vehicle and the substance
through which thrill the lower and the higher degrees of
intelligence."								SD I 177-179