RE: theos-l digest: October 28, 1998

Nov 01, 1998 01:04 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 03:31 PM 11/1/1998 -0500, W. Dallas TenBroeck wrote:

Oct 29th 1998

The meeting went very well till almost at the end when Prof. John
Algeo spoke and proclaimed the Theosophical Society as the only
Society which had a mandate from the Masters - and thereby he
claimed for it, as I understood, its position as being sole in
authority.  All the rest being considered in error.  I felt this
was unfortunate and it cast for me a shadow over all the good
work that had preceded it.
================

mkr:

That is very interesting. How many believe such claims, who knows.

It would be very interesting to know if anyone recently had any
conversation or communications from the Masters, supporting any such a
claim. I doubt we will find anyone to corroborate such claims. Of course
anyone is 100% entitled to believe in anything they believe in.

Using simple common sense, I do not think any organization or person is in
the position of being exclusive mouthpiece of the Masters. They are too
smart to have any such gate keepers. They know what bureaucracies are
capable and not capable of.

On the other hand, it more likely that the most unlikely persons and
organizations may be used as tools to achieve the ends the Masters are
working for. Who knows? So you and I, whatever may be our own personal
beliefs or ideologies may be used for many great purposes more often than
the bureaucrats (elected or appointed) even without our consciously aware
of. What is critical are the results. Is it helping the humanity, however
little. That is what They have clearly explained time and again as Their
job, not trying to recruit and train future Masters.

===================================
Dallas:

One more observation that I would make is the following:  Whether
one becomes a member of an organization, society, party,
religion, etc... each one retains the inalienable right to decide
for themselves the right or wrong of their own thoughts and
actions.  There is no such thing as "following a leader," or
"observing the (party, etc...) line."  Even our laws do not
recognize the placing of blame on anyone but the individual who
chooses.  Truth is the "property" of no one, and of no "Society."

MKR:

Well said, Dallas.

Is not this the msg Lord Buddha tried to bring to the masses? This was at a
time when the Brahmins had served as gatekeepers and tried to play
intermediaries between man/woman and god.

M K Ramadoss