Communication in Early Days of TS

Nov 06, 1998 07:14 AM
by M K Ramadoss

In my research, I found out a very interesting piece of historical
information that I think might interest some.

In the early days, the International General Council at Adyar wanted to
keep in touch with the lodges so that there is a *two* way flow of
information between the two. In order to achieve this, each branch
designated a member as the contact point between the lodge and GC. The
member kept the lodge informed of the decisions made in the GC and GC knew
what was happening at the lodge level. So an efficient two way flow of
information was facilitated.

In the light of the above, it would be interesting to find out how the two
way communication is maintained today in different countries. This will
help everyone to understand and evaluate what is the current status and how
improvements can be made.

Any feedback is welcome.

MKR