Re: theos-l digest: November 20, 1998

Nov 23, 1998 08:08 PM
by Cybercmh

In a message dated 11/21/98 12:01:10 AM Eastern Standard Time, Dallas writes:

<< Those that are truly wise are
 generous, altruistic, sharing, impersonal and universal in their
 efforts to assist >>

Many thanks, Dallas, for this posting.  I experienced many "Aha!" moments
while reading it.  Just one question:  could you elaborate a bit on how you
mean the word "impersonal" in this context?  I think the personal-impersonal
dichotomy can be confusing, depending on what you mean by those terms, and
would like to be further educated.  The word "impersonal" seems so cold and,
well, impersonal - you get my point.

I gotta tell all of you folks - these theosophy lists are so great!  You can
rest assured that you are not wasting your time.  At least one spiritually
hungry subscriber awaits your postings!  A real brain refresher after a day of
dealing with the mundane.  Car problems, groceries, silly bureaucracies - then
Spirit.  From the ridiculous to the sublime.  A cool breeze flows in and
refreshes me.  Almost as good as sitting up until 3 in the morning in the dorm
room of college days past, contemplating Great and Noble Truths with my fellow
philosophers, in blissful ignorance of the looming "bottom line" soon to haunt
all of our vocational futures......Many, many thanks for all who share their
thoughts in this medium, for people like me to sit and contemplate and renew
our spirits and remember Who we are after a long day at the office.
Christine