Psycological Integrity After Death

Oct 22, 1998 06:05 AM
by Jerry Schueler

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BDFD9B.173BDFC0

>Does psychological integrity after death result from moral integrity
>before death?
>
>Again, an argument quickly presents itself that this may be so.
>
>- Peter Novak

And I could present an argument that it is not so. First of all, what is
"moral integrity?"  Its either a purely conscious notion that dies with=20
the brain, or its higher or "good" skandhas. Having "good" karma
will help the quality of the afterlife as well as the quality of the =
next
life, but psychological integrity after death, as I understand it, only=20
comes about through training during life, usually in the form of doing
yoga or magic. Death is a lot like sleep. Morals have little to do
with the ability to have lucid dreams, for example.

Jerry S.

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BDFD9B.173BDFC0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>&gt;Does psychological integrity after death result from moral=20
integrity<BR>&gt;before death?<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Again, an argument quickly =

presents itself that this may be so.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;- Peter =
Novak<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>And I could present an argument that it is not so. First of all, =
what=20
is</DIV>
<DIV>&quot;moral integrity?&quot;&nbsp; Its either a purely conscious =
notion=20
that dies with </DIV>
<DIV>the brain, or its higher or &quot;good&quot; skandhas. Having=20
&quot;good&quot; karma</DIV>
<DIV>will help the quality of the afterlife as well as the quality of =
the=20
next</DIV>
<DIV>life, but psychological integrity after death, as I understand it, =
only=20
</DIV>
<DIV>comes about through training during life, usually in the form of=20
doing</DIV>
<DIV>yoga or magic. Death is a lot like sleep. Morals have little to =
do</DIV>
<DIV>with the ability to have lucid dreams, for example.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jerry S.</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BDFD9B.173BDFC0--