Use of Internet

Sep 01, 1998 06:46 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Internet as a source of information is outstanding.

Recently a relative of mine was strongly suspected of a cancerous growth.
When I heard about it, I went on the net and read up details about it and
the treatment for it.

Later when I called the doctor and was talking to him, as usual, he was
using many of the technical terms that they normally use. So it was easy
for me to follow what he was talking about. But for the background
information, I would not have been able to fully understand what he was
trying to communicate.

In this case, I was more informed of the details of the problem than the
patient.

Anyone who still do not understand Internet, know not what they are missing
in their lives. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

mkr