Re:3RD VOLUME of the SECRET DOCTRINE BOGUS?? Altered??

Sep 08, 1998 03:57 PM
by Estrella

--------------6CE2521E7B069F74C8491BF9

Hello Dallas!! :)

> This 3rd and Revised EDITION (not Volume) is shown to contain
> about 40,000 alterations from the original 1888 edition (the
> original) as published.  A number of student are of the opinion
> that the "ORIGINAL EDITION OF 1888" contains certain codes, and
> some of those are dependent on the phrasing and the
> capitalization and the actual words that HPB and the Masters used
> in that book.

Is then altered that vol. of the secret doctrine?? in medular basis,or
just some minor text??  Little details of altered text could possibly
reflect some change in main subjects that only can be noticed by those
details.

> n addition if one desires to catalog the divergence one need
> only consult Margaret Thomas' book THEOSOPHY or NEO-THEOSOPHY

Could you tell us more of that book?? it is online?? What subjects of
the TS history involves??

> notice that changes in Theosophical presentation that had become
> prevalent between 1891 and 1923.  And these are still in use and
> most members of the T S are unaware of the importance of Mr.
> Judge's writings, as they have been neglected.  Even HPB's
> writings in their original form have been neglected.  Apparently
> only those who are scholarly delve into and resurrect for their
> own study and work those neglected writings - and profit
> therefrom.

Seems that only in the USA the TS has been so divided, that one branch
does not recognize W.Q. Judge, and the other does'nt recognize Annie
Bessant and C.W.Leadbeater. Both directors of T.S. had been accused here
and in Theos-World of misleading because some errors that them had done.
However, as i see it, Both of them were good leaders of their respective
branches.
(My humble point from a mexican girl that does not understand not a
single thing in all this mess)

As i see it, Judge was not a victim, not also was a thyrant. only had
different point of focusing theosophy of the one of Ms. Bessant.
consider also the different social backgrounds of both, age, sex, etc.

Dallas, I believe you are right in the thing Blavatsky's writings have
been altered. I entered the website of the TS intl. headquarters
http://members.aol.com/tstec/hmpage/tsintro.htm
and did notice the differences in the objectives of the TS that Doss
noticed and telled us (I believe that was Ramadoss, is it?? :-) )
In the objectives, you can notice that it says 5 objectives, and the
FIRST ONE is
"to diffuse among men a knowledge of the laws inherent in the universe;"

And only the third one is the one that talks of brotherhood.
Even that in the aggregate link of "objectives" says the 3 real ones,
putting "brotherhood" in the first place, i thing it could be good
telling them that if they please could speccify correctly that
miswriting.

On the other hand, i don't think i have to write even this!! I not even
belong to the T.S.!!!

Estrella

--------------6CE2521E7B069F74C8491BF9

<HTML>

<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE></PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Hello Dallas!! :)
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>This 3rd and Revised EDITION (not Volume) is shown to contain
about 40,000 alterations from the original 1888 edition (the
original) as published.&nbsp; A number of student are of the opinion
that the "ORIGINAL EDITION OF 1888" contains certain codes, and
some of those are dependent on the phrasing and the
capitalization and the actual words that HPB and the Masters used
in that book.</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>

<P><BR>Is then altered that vol. of the secret doctrine?? in medular basis,or
just some minor text??&nbsp; Little details of altered text could possibly
reflect some change in main subjects that only can be noticed by those
details.
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>n addition if one desires to catalog the divergence one need
only consult Margaret Thomas' book THEOSOPHY or NEO-THEOSOPHY</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
Could you tell us more of that book?? it is online?? What subjects of the
TS history involves??
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>
<PRE>&nbsp;to
notice that changes in Theosophical presentation that had become
prevalent between 1891 and 1923.&nbsp; And these are still in use and
most members of the T S are unaware of the importance of Mr.
Judge's writings, as they have been neglected.&nbsp; Even HPB's
writings in their original form have been neglected.&nbsp; Apparently
only those who are scholarly delve into and resurrect for their
own study and work those neglected writings - and profit
therefrom.</PRE>
</BLOCKQUOTE>

<P><BR>Seems that only in the USA the TS has been so divided, that one
branch does not recognize W.Q. Judge, and the other does'nt recognize Annie
Bessant and C.W.Leadbeater. Both directors of T.S. had been accused here
and in Theos-World of misleading because some errors that them had done.
However, as i see it, Both of them were good leaders of their respective
branches.
<BR>(<I>My humble point from a mexican girl that does not understand not
a single thing in all this mess)</I>
<P>As i see it, Judge was not a victim, not also was a thyrant. only had
different point of focusing theosophy of the one of Ms. Bessant. consider
also the different social backgrounds of both, age, sex, etc.
<P>Dallas, I believe you are right in the thing Blavatsky's writings have
been altered. I entered the website of the TS intl. headquarters <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tstec/hmpage/tsintro.htm";>http://members.aol.com/tstec/hmpage/tsintro.htm</A>
<BR>and did notice the differences in the objectives of the TS that Doss
noticed and telled us (I believe that was Ramadoss, is it?? :-) )
<BR>In the objectives, you can notice that it says 5 objectives, and the
FIRST ONE is
<BR>"<FONT FACE="Arial,Helvetica">to diffuse among men a knowledge of the
laws inherent in the universe;"</FONT>
<BR>And only the third one is the one that talks of brotherhood.
<BR>Even that in the aggregate link of "objectives" says the 3 real ones,
putting "brotherhood" in the first place, i thing it could be good telling
them that if they please could speccify correctly that miswriting.
<P>On the other hand, i don't think i have to write even this!! I not even
belong to the T.S.!!!
<P>Estrella
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------6CE2521E7B069F74C8491BF9--