Re: THEOS-L digest 1642

Sep 22, 1998 11:37 PM
by kymsmith

Doss wrote:

>As reported by AP, in a recent survey of non profit organizations, it was
>found that the median salary of the executives is $209,914.

I am not one of those who think people should live on the financial edge,
worrying and scraping to get by.  However, I do not think that a
triple-digit salary is in order for those who are involved in non-profit
(or even profit!) organizations - especially while there are so many who
still go to bed (mattress?) with an empty stomach.  It flies in the face of
what non-profit organizations are supposed to represent.

I imagine it must be very difficult for a person who is struggling to
survive to appeal to an organization for help, only to be told there is not
enough money to help them, and then seeing the management drive off in a
car that cost as much as a house.

Kym