Re: Gurdjieff/Ouspensky

Sep 29, 1998 11:23 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 09:09 AM 9/29/1998 -0400, K. Paul Johnson wrote:
>But
>in any case they are, as best I can tell, dogmatic and
>narrow-minded, forming their own cult with its special language
>and superior attitude.
>Cheers,
>Paul

Is that not how most movements end up?

In addition, most try to make their followers conform to a pattern using
reasons in the world or out of the world or in a future life about which no
one has a first hand knowledge. Fear is frequently used to make people
conform - arguments ranging from occult consequences to karmic consequences
are usually used.

mkr