Re: THEOS-L digest 1648

Sep 29, 1998 05:25 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:51 AM 9/29/1998 -0400, you wrote:
>Dallas wrote:
>
>>I thought this synopsis of the contents of this article would be
>>interesting to our group:
>>
>>		HPB  --  WHAT ARE THE THEOSOPHISTS ?
>[snip]
>
>>True psychology and philosophy can only be found maintained (from
>>antiquity to the present) in ancient Indian texts.
>
>>All religions are considered equal, none being superior.
>
>If ALL religions are "considered equal, none being superior," how can one
>state that "true psychology and philosophy can ONLY be found maintained
>(from antiquity to the present) in ancient Indian texts?"
>
>Kym

There was a mention somewhere by HPB herself that some of the material
predates India and came from Atlanteans. I think if we go back further,
they predate them as well. It goes on and on.

The texts are ok, no matter how *sacred* one considers them to be. Nothing
is substitute for first hand experience and such experience cannot be fully
put down in writing.

Sometime ago I read somewhere about trying to explain the taste of Avacado
to Asian Indians. Indian have never known it let alone tasted it. Any
amount of explanation would be incomplete, at best.

mkr