Re: THEOS-L digest 1612

Aug 22, 1998 11:06 AM
by W. Dallas TenBroeck

Two little boys posed disciplinary problems their parents could not handle.
The mother, at her wits end spoke of this to her neighbors, and heard that a
local preacher was reputed to be very good at solving that kind of problem.
The father agreed to try, and accordingly they took their sons to the
preacher.  He said he would try, but desired to speak to the children
separately, starting with the youngest who was 8 years old.  The parents
left him there and took their 11 year old back home.

The preacher sat the child down in front of him and asked "Son,  where is
God ?"  The boy looked at him, pressed his lips together and said nothing.
A few moments passed and the preacher leaning forward, said a little more
forcefully:  "Son, I asked you:   "Where is GOD ?"  Again silence, but the
child drew back with alarm, and look very startled.

The preacher waited five minutes in silence, and then leaned forward again
and with great emphasis said:  "WHERE IS GOD ?"  Thoroughly alarmed the
child jumped out of the chair and ran home.  Getting there, he ran upstairs
and hid in a closet.  His older brother saw that and ran after him

In there he asked what had happened.  The 8 year old said:  "We are in
serious trouble. God is missing, and they say we have something to do with
it."

Enjoy !

Dal.