Books

Aug 23, 1998 04:53 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Dear listmembers,

Books:  Five titles on offer:

1.  A Compendious Syriac Dictionary, founded upon the Thesaurus
Syriacus of  R. Payne Smith, D.D., edited by J. Payne Smith (Mrs.
Margoliouth.   1985 reprint of the 1903 edition. Serta script with
Estrangela headings.  As new, original price, £70.00

2.  Three volumes of the WOODBROOKE STUDIES:
        Christian Documents in Syriac, Arabic, and Garshuni
        Edited and translated with a critical apparatus by
                        A. Mingana

                Volume 2. Cambridge, W. Heffer, 1928

        1. Timothy's Apology for Christianity
        2. The Lament of the Virgin
        3. The Martyrdom of Pilate

Syriac facsimile and printed text(s) in Estr. script. with English
translation

                Volume 3. as above1931

        1. Vison of Theophilus
        2. Apocalypse of Peter

Text as Vol. 2.

                Volume  5. as above 1932

        Commentary of Theodore of Mopsuestia
                on the Nicene Creed

Text reprinted from original Mss in Serta script, with Eng. trans.

Insert describing details of Vols. 1 to 7.

These latter three are extremely scarce, and vol. 2 is ex libris Lewisham
Public Library, circa 1976 ....  Pencilled prices of approx £18 per
volume probably fall far short of their present value.

I also have two vols by Tregellis on the Greek N.T. which must be
incredibly scarce.  Condition not marvellous, but unparalleled for their
critical acumen and detail re variant readings and recensions.

I am not offering these immediately, as I am rather attached to them!
However, should they excite you and you feel rich .....

Offers invited!

Alan

---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk