Re: THEOS-L digest 1614

Aug 27, 1998 02:11 PM
by Cybercmh

<<When I urgently needed a book, I looked up amazon.com and they did not have
it in stock. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to special order. Visited two Barnes
and Noble book stores with no luck. Then visited the Barnes & Noble
website. Bingo.>>

Just thought I would share that I've had great luck with Amazon.com.  They
have provided superior customer service, rushing books to me as soon as they
are available, sometimes within days, and sending confirming e-mail.  They
also have sent me thank-you gifts just for ordering (a mouse pad in one case,
a refrigerator magnet in another).  You can also find reviews of books you're
thinking about buying, as well as lists of similar books you might like.  I
don't think anything will replace the physical bookstore if you want to
browse, see what's on sale, etc., or buy something quick on your way home -
but for harder-to-find books, I think Amazon is your best bet.  Smaller or
used bookstores can also carry books that the big superstores don't waste
their time on - older books, for example, or more obscure ones.  So it all
depends on your needs.
Christine Hanson