The Great Invocation

Jun 09, 1998 04:22 AM
by jim meier

>From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men.
Let Light descend on Earth.

>From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ return to Earth.

>From the center where the Will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men --
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.

>From the center which we call the race of men
Let the plan of Love and Light work out
and may it seal the door where evil dwells.

Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on earth.

**************************************

June 09, 1998 is World Invocation Day.

The Great Invocation was first given out and used in 1945 and since that
date has become familiar to millions of people all over the world, and is
used daily by them.  This world prayer expresses truths central to all
major religions and is based on the true and inner unity of all religions
and philosophies which millions today accept.  Through the use of the
Invocation men and women of goodwill can achieve a unity that transcends
all differences of outer belief.  Their combined and daily invocation and
prayer to divinity creates an open channel into human consciousness through
which spiritual energies flow to heal and rebuild a troubled world.

Today the reappearance of the World Teacher -- the Christ -- is expected by
millions, not only by those of Christian faith but by those of every faith
who exect the Avatar under other names: the Lord Maitreya, Krishna,
Messiah, Imam Madhi and the Bodhisattva.

Glamour and distortion surround this central fact of divine response to
human need.  This is inevitable but unimportant.  The fact of transition
into a new age *is* important.  Preparation by men and women of goodwill is
needed to introduce new values for living, new standards of behavior, new
attitudes of non-separateness and cooperation, leading to right human
relations and a world at peace.  The coming World Teacher will be mainly
concerned not with the result of past error and inadequacy but with the
requirements of a new world order and with the reorganization of the social
structure.

Will you join in observing World Invocation Day through the united use of
the Great Invocation, and will you  join in making this day widely known?

                                        -- from "World Invocation Day 1998,
an Invitation to Men and Women of Goodwill"

http:// www.lucistrust.org