Language Parallelism

Jun 16, 1998 00:33 AM
by Mittelberger Martina

I have a question - maybe some of you have a good idea how to explain
some surprising parallelisms in different languages.
I like to learn foreign languages, it is a way to compare the cultures.
The languages in the Western World have a great correspondence because
of the same old roots. But now I am learning Tibetan and look what makes
me astonished:
Tibetans have the same words for Sunday and Monday as we have in
English, German, Italian,... They build one word with Sun and Day and
one word with Moon and Day. But I have never heard about common language
roots with the Asians.

I am no linguist, its just my hobby. I can explain this parallelism only
with three thesis:
1. There is a common root of all languages (this sounds like the Holy
Bible before Babel)

2. The peoples were taught by the same "World-Teachers" (some abstract
ideas like matters of time have survived)

3. This two days have a deeper meaning and relation to the Sun and the
Moon (although I am sure, that there are a lot of more parallelisms, not
only weekdays)

I hope to hear some explanations  -  Thanks Martina (Theos. society
Austria)

Martina Mittelberger
Tel. 05522/75482-12   Fax 05522/75482-6
E.Mail: martina.mittelberger@vlr.gv.at