Re: Forming_a_study_center

May 01, 1998 05:04 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

K. Zaitzev <zaitzev@idg.chph.ras.ru> writes
>MKR> Also what advantages you are all expecting by forming a or study
>MKR> center or branch?
> Lodges, as i understood, have a self-ruling status. Yet our unattached
>members cannot act from the name of TS. For example, registering as a
>public organization gives much advantages. Russian laws don't prohibit
>us to create an organization, call it "Theosophical society" and re-
>gister as non-commercial organization but our members say it won't be
>proper behaviour from TS's point of view. Still we have no official
>status all the activity is paralized. We can't have our bank account,
>etc. All that we do is meeting each week in a library because the
>director of library kindly permitted us to do it.

The Adyar TS is not the only official Theosophical Society.  There is
also the TS Pasadena.  If you have a Web browser you can get their
address via the Theosophical University Press link on the website
below.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk