Re: Justification

May 26, 1998 04:21 PM
by Drpsionic

>The bottom line, irrational though it may be, is usually this:
>"Anyone who says anything I don't like is obligated to justify
>him or herself to *my* satisfaction.  I, on the other
>hand, am under no obligation to defend my own views to anyone."
>This kind of assumption makes it pretty hopeless for any
>productive dialogue to occur-- as I've learned after many wasted
>hours.
>
>Cheers,
>KPJ

Took you long enough!  :)

One of the things you learn when you write just about anything is that there
are always going to be those who are mortally offended by the mere fact that
you put the ideas into words.  There is no reasoning with such folk and the
only way to deal with them is A: to ignore them and B: to satirize them in the
next book.  Eventually they get the message and shut up.

In the meantime, welcome to the club.

Chuck the Heretic