Re: New Web site - Blavatsky's Alleged Untruths

May 29, 1998 08:19 AM
by Caldwell/Graye

W. Dallas TenBroeck wrote:

> May 28th 1998
>
> Dear Daniel, Carson, and other friends concerned:
>
> I note the opening of the new Web-Site .
>
> Perhaps it might be well to open another for the accumulating of
> evidence of the things that HPB said which have been found to be
> accurate or true, and assess their relative value.
>
> I believe that Carson Reed in New York on the "Blavatsky.net" has
> a section devoted to the noting of the evidence of accuracy and
> prophecy in HPB's writings.
>
> As I said, the arguments may be interminable.
>
> I really have very little to add to this.

Daniel Caldwell responds:

Dallas, I believe you were the one who challenged
Paul Johnson and others to present examples of
what they considered HPB's "untruths".  They have
done so and I have put some of their statements on the new
Web Site at http://www.azstarnet.com/~blafoun/untruths.htm

Anyone including you can respond with
more facts, other information, new insights, etc.
to prove or disprove these
alleged "untruths". Or at the very least to
shed MORE light on these subjects.
Anyone who is truly seeking
the "truth" can benefit from such an approach.
Are we seekers of truth?  Are we willing to
grapple with these issues, ask serious questions
not only of the other side, but about our
OWN thinking?  Honest and open inquiry and
discussion of these "controversial" subjects may
actually led in some cases to a resolution.

For example, Jerry S. was willing to concede
that "devachan" was not some madeup word by
HPB but that it is a true Tibetan word.

I hope various theosophists will send OTHER
examples of alleged "untruths" by Mme. Blavasky
as well as responses to some of these "untruths".

The Web Site will serve as a public depository for
opinion and information on all sides of these
recurring controversial issues. "Negative",
"positive" and neutral information can be
provided on this site.

I do hope that Blavatsky students will take
the time and effort to study this material
and post relevant information, insights, etc.

If some students feel these "untruths" are
misleading or present HPB in a "negative"
light, etc., then PLEASE, PLEASE be motivated
to present the "other" side.  Show the
missing links in the "untruth".

Make a contribution to this public forum
at http://www.azstarnet.com/~blafoun/untruths.htm

Daniel Caldwell