Re: THEOS-L digest 1489

Apr 07, 1998 06:32 PM
by dport

>>>I agree with the above. I noticed when I visited Australia two
>years ago, the
>>>TS there was split into a pro-Krishnamurti school and a
>pro-Geoffrey Hodson,
>>>CWL, AB school, the Krishnamurti-ites being ensconced at Nat'l
>HQ in downtown
>>>Sydney and the neo-theosophists centered around The Manor.

I am a member of Adelaide Lodge (South Australia), we recently had a
discussion over the monthly Krishnamurti videos and the time they were
taking away from live lectures. The general consensus was stuff the live
lectures more K videos please. But it seems that many non-TS members come
to the public lectures just to see the K videos, one woman said that it was
the only place she knew they were available.

>>>His approach is basically that of a southern Buddhist, the
>neti-neti path (God
>>>is not this, God is not that). This is the most difficult of
>all paths to
>>>follow in my opinion. The iti-iti path of "God is this, God is
>that" is
>>>easier. It leads to bhakti yoga, devotion to God in one's
>favourite form,
>>>whether it be an avatar or guru. I realize that the two paths
>are a matter of
>>>choice.

What about a third option, the transcendence of choice?

>gNOSis:

this reminds me of a poem -
..after a Long Summers Day and a Night Of Sin,
that which was whithout was discovered within....

Thought for the day:
If all is one....
all sex is masturbation
all eating is cannibalism
all violence is masochism

>>from the frying pan,
>
>Into my grill!  I hope you're tasty and juicy. ;o)
>
>>the mighty NOS
>
>Skewered and basted.
>
>Thoa :o)

everything is fire,
mighty NOS, the

ps Do what Thoa wilt shall be the whole of the law

* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2678258 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me
E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
2678258@pager.mirabilis.com
For downloading ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
For
adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to:
http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html