Re: TS_Adyar

Apr 26, 1998 08:00 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 04:33 AM 4/26/1998 -0400, you wrote:

>     Hello All!
>
>It's me again, previously known as Kay Ziatz ;)
>Technical means finally enabled me to subscribe this list again.

glad to see you back.

>I'm addressing mainly to members of TS Adyar.
>My first question is a question of membership.
>I've read carefully enough paragraphs on membership of the
><H3>RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE ASSOCIATION NAMED
>'THE THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY', ADYAR, MADRAS</H3>
>which I've found on the WWW page held by Alan Bain but I didn't found
>any information about joining except an age of candidates.
>So what might be reasons for denying a candidate for a membership
>and if an application was denied, can one try to join TS repeatedly
>and if yes, after what period of time?

I do not see anyone having a problem in applying for membership. I have not
seen any case where membership application has been rejected. I suggest you
send a e-mail to Adyar and they will respond quickly. Address it to Mrs.
Radha Burnier, International President.

>The second question is about Adyar headquarters.
>My penfriend goes travelling abroad and besides other countries he will
>visit India. He is planning to visit Adyar headquarters. But someone
>frightened him that casual visitors are not accepted there. Is it true?
>Can any street man come there and talk with a International secretary
>about a membership, for example?

Anyone is welcome at Adyar. What I would suggest is to ask your friend to
e-mail a msg about his plans to visit Madras -- now called Chennai and
address the request to Mrs. Radha Burnier, International President and you
will get a response.