SOMA and Y DNA?

Apr 28, 1998 07:54 PM
by Darren

This world is half the devils and my own
Daft with the drug that's smoking in a girl
And curling round the bud that forks her eye
An old man's shank one marrowed with my bone
And all the herrings smelling in the sea
I sit and watch the worm beneath my nail
Wearing the quick away

- Dylan Thomas

In the continuing drug debate I would like to point out that we should not
heap all drugs into one basket. Obviously we have hallucinogens, narcotics,
anelgesics, psychadelics, barbituates etc etc but the main distinction I
think should be discussed is synthetic vs natural. In the natural group we
have Cannabis Sativa, Psilocybin Cubensis, Amanita Muscara, Peyote etc etc
How can we say that any plant is illegitimate. That is to say in the great
scheme of things a natural creation is against mans law. To me this is
patently absurd. Perhaps synthetic drugs should be controlled - but they
should still be able for therapy sessions in controlled settings.

All the negative views of drugs from people on this list seem to revolve
around drug dependency. From my own personal experience I can say this
seems to be mainly from Opiates - drug addiction is far worse with nicotine
and alcohol than marijuana (see recent WHO report on cannabis if you doubt
this).

How is it that indigineous peoples seem to integrate drug use into their
cultures with little friction. The Amazonian tribes live in harmony with
the jungle and they use psychadelic snuff's almost daily.

To subvert the indiviuals rights in favour of the greater good of the
community is a declaration of fear. I'm so afraid of what my neighbours
might do to me etc etc

Like DEATH said in Monty Pythons Meaning of Life - " You Americans make me
sick, all you do is talk - let me tell ya this and I gotta tell you that" -
Just remember America has a big collective Karmic debt coming soon.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - TUNE IN TURN ON AND DROP OUT

THE ALMIGHTY NOS
Bodhisattva of Sarcasm

* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2678258 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me
E-mail Express directly to my computer screen
2678258@pager.mirabilis.com
For downloading ICQ at http://www.icq.com/
For
adding similar signatures to your e-mail go to:
http://www.icq.com/emailsig.html