Re: THEOS-L digest 1455

Mar 10, 1998 08:32 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

, Jerry Schueler <gschueler@netgsi.com> writes
>I agree Paul. I would never say that animals have no manas, but
>rather that manas is a bit more manifested or active in human
>beings. Every monad, and thus every living being and mineral,
>has all seven principles albeit some are relatively latent.
>
>Jerry S.

Hmmm.  While agreeing with the idea that all life in all its forms has all
seven principles, I would argue that "some are relatively latent" is a
subjective approach which can apply to humans as well as other life
forms.  The "relative latency" is, surely, in the eye of the beholder?  It is
not impossible to argue that the higher manas of, say, a cat, is so far in
advance of our own that the apparent look of contempt that a cat will
occasionally bestow upon a human might be based upon a superior, not
an inferior development of one of the seven principles, even though
others might be less developed than in the human.

Alan

THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk