Re: Manifesto 3

Mar 13, 1998 04:42 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Bart Lidofsky <bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>   I have come to at least one conclusion that a lot of my own anti-Bailey
>feelings come from my Jewish upbringing. First of all, she was a
>near-fundamentalist Christian (Leadeater's Christian symbolism is also a turn-off
>for me). Second is the attitude among many Baileyites that Blavatsky started
>Theosophy, but Bailey completed it, which smacks of the Christian telling the
>Jew
>that they are not a true Jew, because Jesus completed what Judaism started,
>and
>you need to be a Christian to be a Jew.

Many Christians take this approach, which is, or course, quite untrue.
Firstly, Jesus was a Galilean, not a Judean (Jew) and his "school"
seems to have continued under "James [Jacob] the Just]" in Jerusalem.

The Christianity we know today derives in the most part from the
apostle Paul, and his development of the Pharasaic traditions of Hillel
and Gamaliel, who were without doubt (IMO) conveyors of the
esoteric tradition.  Then again, the latter day pharisaic developments led
to the rabbinic Judaism which is mostly practised today - even among
thre 'Hasidim, who are Kabbalists to a man, ALSO conveying the
esoteric tradition.

Sigh.

Alan

THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk