RE: THEOS-L digest 1458

Mar 15, 1998 05:18 AM
by Dieter Dambiec

On Wednesday, March 11, 1998 12:51 PM, theos-l@vnet.net [SMTP:theos-l@vnet.net]
wrote:
> Tue, 10 Mar 1998 08:00:49 -0600
> From: M K Ramadoss <ramadoss@eden.com>
> To: theos-l@vnet.net
> Subject: Re: THEOS-L digest 1457
> At 05:13 AM 3/10/1998 -0500, you wrote:
> >Also there is the socioeconomic
> >approach of PROUT (PROgressive Utilisation Theory).
> Is the author of PROUT, Sarkar who also started the Ananda Marga?
> mkr

yes, and as one poster mentions the social reality, and the need to survive and
earn the legal tender,  is in stark contrast to what a fair few of anyone with
spiritual aspiration want to achieve in life.

Spirituality in Sarkar's understanding is not a utopian ideal, nor is it
only something to be undertaken in seclusion.  Rather, spirituality is the
subtlest dimension of human existence. It, being the expression towards
Universalism and Omniscient Consciousness permeates everything and is
responsible for the soothing human touch that we treasure in our personal
and social endeavors.

In this dynamic view of spirituality, human society plays an important
role. Our social environment, our political-economic system, our cultural
expression and our material standard of living have a direct influence on
our mental outlook and our spiritual development.
Conversely, the degree of civilization and culture that a society expresses
is directly dependent on the physical, mental, and spiritual development of
individuals.

With this end in view, with the sole purpose of removing the physical
miseries and afflictions, keeping in view the higher goals of human life,
the Prout philosophy has been formulated.

PROUT is the objective adjustment required in for the mental and spiritual
expansion of humanity.  The Progressive Utilization Theory was designed to
provide a framework for this objective adjustment.  It's intent is to
balance the expansion of human psychic and spiritual capacity with
developments on the material and social levels.