Re: THEOS-L digest 1461

Mar 15, 1998 04:43 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <01BD5072.2C999B40.u961309@student.canberra.edu.
au>, Dieter Dambiec <d.dambiec@student.canberra.edu.au> writes
>If nature--earth, trees, and water--truly experience a form of
>existential pain or grief, at least when destroyed and
>polluted, our conservation efforts and our ecological outlook
>must first and foremost acknowledge this innate suffering. And
>by acknowledging it, nature becomes part of ourselves.

My experience suggests this is true.  While some people may think I am
crazy, it is a fact that I was once importuned by a very sad horse-
chestnut tree who had been totally surrounded by tarmac for a car park.
All its seed fell on stony ground: Would I collect some and plant them in
fertile soil.  I did.  Once I "heard" a cabbage scream when a bird came
to peck at it.  I have had many a similar eperience, mostly with two or
four legged creatures, but there is no doubt in my mind that "All Life Is
One" is as much a fearful reality as it is a joy.

Alan

THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk