International Cooperation on Internet

Mar 28, 1998 02:36 PM
by M K Ramadoss

Here is an example of International cooperation. I am subscribed to a
computer mail list located at Austin, Texas. When the list server went
down, one of the subscribers in Japan jumped in and set up a temporary
server in Japan so that the maillist traffic is not interrupted. All this
is for free at no cost to the subscribers. When one is very conscious about
*cost* and looking for ways to recoup the cost, it is very commendable.

mkr

>Date:  Sun, 29 Mar 1998 03:14:44 +0900
>From: "Yoshi hiro Kaneiso" <ykaneiso@linked.or.jp>
>Subject:  Temporal AltCPU-List is Open.

All the members of altcpu-list,

As the majordomo.com's mail server or its line is down,  I had set up an
alternative mailing list for the altcpu-list on my server for temporal
purposes.  As this list is served with by 128K BPS line and it's located in
Japan, you may find its response is not fast enough,  however,  I thought
its less unsatisfactory than nothing.

This temporal list was created based on information as of Fri, 27 Mar 1998
07:34:36 -0700 (MST) provided by John Schexnayder, the official version
altcpu-list owner, however, as the member import was done by hand, there
might be some faults.  If you find something wrong, please let me know.

To No-mail recipients and Digest version recipients: Please note as there
was not enough time on me, all the "digest" and "nomail" settings were not
transferred.  You will receive by-post messages until those settings are
transferred.  Please be patient for some while.

Please feel free to ask me about this temporal mailing list.

John S., Phil, Ian, John C. and TheDark,  the message I sent you last time
was wrong because the altcpu-list at that time contained a faulty setup that
made it unable to deliver mails to the members.

Regards,
-hiro ykaneiso@linked.or.jp