Re: Circling the Wagons

Feb 25, 1998 01:03 PM
by Mary Anne Morel

Re K. Paul Johnson's comments on Adyar's apparent air of defensiveness, it
seems as though not much has changed since I was there seven years ago. A
six-week stay was long enough to notice strong undercurrents of
dissatisfaction among workers, TS visiting members, and even some
administrative staff. There were rumors then among the visiting members that
TS might move the motherhouse from Adyar to the US or England; perhaps that
had something to do with the
"circle the wagons" syndrome in 1991, but what about in 1998? Adyar is so
beautiful and peaceful that it deserves to be a Mecca for TS. Surely there
is no need for distrust and jockeying for position in a philosophical
organization that celebrates the oneness of everything.

Mary Anne Morel