fairy tale, sd vol3 etc

Feb 17, 1998 10:06 AM
by Nicole Suter

"> Then in the lecture I was told that the secrets of the Qabbalah would
> not be revealed to anyone under 40 ( I am 26).

    You misunderstood. According to Jewish tradition, Kabballah (the Q spelling
is usually reserved for the Christian derivation) should only be studied by
someone who is over 40 and married, in other words, a stable person. This is a
tradition, NOT a law, and even if it were a law, it would not be binding on
non-Jews."

There must be something wrong with the tradition since I am somewhat
under 40, happy-unmarried though very stable, but I am teaching others
too, since 40 years, for free. Can sombody help to sort this mess out?

Nicole