fairy tale, sd vol3 etc

Feb 16, 1998 08:04 PM
by dport

I am a relatively new member of the TS and attended my first lecture on the
weekend -"Qabbalah - Jewish Mysticism". The first suprise I got upon
arriving was the age of the other members - I didn't see one person under
50. Then in the lecture I was told that the secrets of the Qabbalah would
not be revealed to anyone under 40 ( I am 26). The most disappointing
aspect of the night was that in no way was Judaism even compared to some of
the tenets of the Secret Doctrine, in fact it felt as if Dr Zuesse was
trying to convert everybody to Judaism.
Perhaps I expected too much - I'm going to give the lectures another go
next week  (a Krishnamurti video)but from what I can already gather is the
Secret Doctrine is seen as too hard by many lay members or the attacks of
materialist science has rendered it as irrelevant - There is not one
programmed lecture for the next 3 months even relating to esoteric wisdom.

Enough complaining - I recently saw the film 'Fairy Tale' based on the true
story of two girls who photographed some fairies near a stream in their
garden. The photos were given to a local TS member who had them verified
and authenticated and then brought Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Harry Houdini
in to investigate. The photos were then published in The Strand I think.
What I would like to know is has anybody seen these photo's and do the TS
records show this event as occuring.

And finally, I have just finished vol II of the Secret Docrine (IMO the
french version is the best ;-) ) and in the final pages HPB talks of vols 3
and 4. My lodge does not seem to have them - were they released because she
says that they were almost finished at the time.

Namaste,

D.Porter
aka NOS