Re: The Importance of Open Communication

Feb 16, 1998 04:25 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <34E88272.88EFAE98@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
<bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>M K Ramadoss wrote:
>
>> I believe at least one lodge in the US also claimed it is a "religious"
>> organization for the same reason of local taxes, which could be substantial
>> since the lodge owns valuable real estate in the city.
>
>    There is a difference between a religious organization and a religion,
>however.

Maybe their is, but followers of a religion are usually member of a
religious organization.  In the case I mentioned, the term is explicit :

"Religious denomination of theosophists."

What point are you trying to make? ??

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk