TSA (fwd from myself on theos-world)

Feb 10, 1998 03:17 PM
by John E Mead InfoAvenue Operations

>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 15:55:10 -0500
>From: John E Mead <jmead@InfoAve.Net>
>Subject: Re: Theos-World TS in America

> From: Brenda S Tucker <brenda@theosophy.com>
> To: theos-talk@theosophy.com
> Subject: Re: Theos-World TS in America
> Date: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 2:17 PM
>

> >> 	When the TS was launched, it was very clear in the minds of the Real
> >> Founders that its mission is to form a Universal Brotherhood of
Humanity.

> This is incorrect.  The idea in the first object is misstated and
> misunderstood by Ramadoss because he is shortening the form of it.  It is
> not to form a Universal Brotherhood or to accent the "Brotherhood of
> Humanity" as the Maha Chohan states, but to "form a nucleus of the
> Universal Brotherhood."
>
> When I form a nucleus, not all existing parts of society are included in
> this nucleus, some elements of the TS may exist in the electrons and some
> foreign elements may exist alongside our "atom," but not be considered
part
> and party of our "atom."
>
> Please don't misstate the first object by saying  it is: Brotherhood,
> Brotherhood of Man, or Universal Brotherhood, because it is not.

a nice distinction.  However a few points still need to be addressed...

1) Why is the TSA backing off from this object (if it indeed is)?

2) The first object has *never* been met.  In fact, the various
TS organizations all (may) seem to have been formed because of the
*inability* to do precisely this Object.

3) The second and third objects are easily being meet with,
and being handled *better* by other independent *well* established  and
*larger* organizations.

4) in light of 3) above....  *without* the first object there is
currently no need to even *have* *any* theosophical society(s)
and/or organizations.

5) after over a hundred years of effort, with very marginal success
if not outright failure to meet the first three original objects...
why are we abandoning the initial goal with little or no discussion?

6) The next millenium needs the first object *more* (& *now*) than at
any other time in our history.  (MHO)

peace -

john e. mead

-- THEOSOPHY WORLD -- Theosophical Talk -- theos-talk@theosophy.com

Letters to the Editors, and discussion of theosophical ideas and
teachings. To subscribe or unsubscribe, send a message consisting of
"subscribe" or "unsubscribe" to theos-talk-request@theosophy.com.