Re: Functioning on All Levels

Jan 31, 1998 02:38 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <0d1b54717151f18UPIMSSMTPUSR02@email.msn.co
m>, KeithHouston <jkeithprice@email.msn.com> writes
>I long for the days when people could watch sunsets, meditate, discuss and
>live a very difficult agrigultural existence that was infused with the
>spirituality of everyday life.  I cannot escape fast food and cable TV and
>the IRS, except in moments of retreat within.  Am I complaining too much?

Nope.  There are still places with sunsets and agriculture to watch (like
where I live) and it is great.  But we also have a MacDonalds
(discreetly hidden near an out of town supermarket) and cars.  Mind
you, at this particular spot it is still possible to go the the end of the lane
and listen to see if any are about .... mostly late evening or at night!

We can't get cable TV, and have to pay taxes, though :-)

Every now and then we lose electricity and/or phone lines, which are
still carried on overhead cables from wooden poles ....

Alan :-)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk