Re: Theos-World Adept letter to Judge

Jan 16, 1998 11:44 AM
by M K Ramadoss

The following part is very timely, today after more than 100 years. Thanks
for your post.

======================
You know that any school founded amongst you would at once become a school
of practical magic working in order to produce results in matter. This is
quite true. The reason is that even those who are most in earnest among you
have no true  psychic aspirations.
=======================

        In the light of the above, when I recently saw a statement by the
National President of TSA (Adyar) I could not believe my eyes.

>From the early days, the Adepts have repeatedly told Sinnett and others
that the primary mission of TS is to establish a nucleus of Universal
Brotherhood (Sisterhood/Siblinghood) and not to start a school for
occultists/psychics.

In the letter published in Quest (1997) Holiday Gift (Book) Catalog the
National President states:

"The books and audios in this catalog come from the publishing arm of the
Theosophical Society, a nondenominational organization devoted to helping
its members:

   realize their inner potentials and seek out the mysteries of the universe"

followed by two other items which deals with the Second and First object of
TS in that order.

This, in the additional context of an article published in 1996 about the
*inner* *aims* of TS, can be misunderstood by the public and novices and
attract droves of selfish men and women [and their money/purchasing power]
(in the present day New Age culture) and this could destroy TS as an
organization. [In all my readings over last several decades, I have never
run into these inner aims anywhere.]

Due to the very serious nature of the fundamental issues involved, I have
drawn the attention of both the National and International President of TS
(Adyar) and also requested the Board of Directors of TSA to address the
issue of clearly telling the public and the members about the mission of TS
as envisaged by the Real Founders.

I believe that no elected official of any TS organization has the power to
rearrange the order of the objects of TS or try not to very clearly and
unambiguously tell everyone what is the most critical single Object of TS.

mkr