Re: Common man/woman's WWW

Dec 19, 1997 06:25 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <349B1BDE.5552@dmv.com>, Vincent Beall
<vincent@dmv.com> writes
>Doss, I believe that you can find tools on the net for authouring your
>own webpages, and Geocities or Fortunecity will host your pages at no
>charge. I built my pages with Frontpage'97, and my IP provides 3 mb
>space at no extra charge.
>
>Am I missing something about this new service that you are telling us
>about?

Well now, with a little effort and research it's easy and it's free.
Download an HTML web page and send it to a text file, and you will
see all the necessary commands for that page right there in plain ASCII.
All web pages are written in ASCII using relatively simple codes.

Try dowloading the front page of the website below, and copy the
script for the new ticker to the clipboard.  Then download your own
front page, send it to ASCII (like Notepad) and past in the script you
just copied.  FTP it to your own front page and bingo!  You got it,
clock and all!

Some Word Processors offer web page construction, e.g.,
Wordperfect 7.0 - so there is probably no need for many of us to buy a
special 'web construction' program at all.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk