Re: Theos-World Ramalingam Swamy

Dec 14, 1997 08:54 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 06:44 PM 12/14/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Ramadoss:
>> Here is a quote of what HPB wrote about him. I was not able to
>>verify the accuracy with the original publication.
>>
>>=================================================
>>
>>HPB wrote a note in "Hints on Esoteric Theosophy" a summary of which is:
>>
>>He is an undoubted Mahatma, having lived doing extraordinary work fo rthe
>>Universal Brotherhood with his indomitable desire to raise humanity to the
>>spiritual height.
>
>The "Hints" quotation by HPB is reproduced in BCW 4, 136-37. I also
>checked the "Hints" booklet itself (pp. 130-31).  All HPB wrote was that
>Ramalinga was "in the counsels of those who ordered us to found the
>Society."  So his  status was not clearly stated.
>
>Best,
>
>--
>Nicholas <> am455@lafn.org <> Los Angeles

Thanks for verifying. The excerpt I posted was in a biography of Ramalingam
Swamy. So it looks that the author embellished the material with no
substantiation that Ramalingam Swamy was a Mahatma. He may have been one or
not.

mkr

PS: Of late, there has been a renewed interest in his
writings/compositions, especially in the less intellectual middle and lower
class population. One of his messages was his plea for non killing
(vegetarianism) and this seems to be one area where there have been much
progress among those affected by his philosophy of this self-taught genius.