Re: ULT & B. Wadia

Nov 15, 1997 06:19 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 08:39 AM 11/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>> Subject: Re: ULT & B. Wadia
>> Date: Thursday, November 13, 1997 7:48 PM
>>
>> A. Safron wrote:
>> >
>> > Maybe someday TSA will be able to provide this kind of service.
>>
>> Let us all pray for that day!
>>
>It is something I've had on my mind for quite some time.
>But I don't know what kind of tech knowledge, software,
>hardware, and personnel are necessary to operate a system
>where you can purchase items off the net and have them
>UPS'd (private mail service in the US).  All or part of this
>may be beyond the resources of TSA at this time.
>
>But I could see many book providers using this method in
>the future.  It works for me, since I don't have to leave my
>keyboard and can keep working.
>
>A. Safron

I don't know. First they should have a direct e-mail so the potential buyers
can contact them direct. Couple of weeks ago when I called TPH I was told by
the person who answered that all their mail goes thru the TSA e-mail
address. I don't know if this is to make sure that someone centrally sees
all e-mail traffic to Olcott or they have not gotten to setting up an email
access. In my city, it costs $10.00/month for unlimited Internet access with
FTP and all the bells and whistles.

Let us all continue to pray (I personally do not believe in prayers, but it
can cause no harm!!!) for the day when on-line purchase is possible.

..M...

PS: With the competition heating up, there is going to be a price discount
war on Internet. Also the book dealers dont like publishers trying to sell
directly to customers at a discount. So we will have to see how it all develops.