Re: Defining Soul

Nov 10, 1997 06:44 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <3466763E.4301@dmv.com>, Vincent Beall <vincent@dmv.com>
writes
>Most ordinary use of the word soul has the meaning "spiritual-soul".
>This soul is the essential you, it has structure, and within the
>structure your entire self is reproduced complete with consiousness. The
>substance of this 'organism' is spirit.

No. This organism is *informed* by spirit.  The soul has  a sense of
"self" while the informing spirit has a certainty of Being, of I-
dentity.

If this seems to be complete unbelievable, you're younger than you know.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Working for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk