New Age

Nov 08, 1997 07:31 AM
by M K Ramadoss

Hi, I saw the following in Theosophy Usenet group.

What do you all think?

mkr

was: Re: New Age FAQ

now: New Age-what it is [pt 2]

>New Age FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
>by Andrew Lutts

>What Is The New Age?

><snip> I feel that most all New Age topics have one
>basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual
>development. <snip>

> <snip> waking up
> to the knowledge, understanding and realization of who
> they really are, where they came from, and why they are
> here. <snip>

> <snip> the New Age movement is dynamic,
> rapidly-growing, and gaining momentum. <snip>

>What About Metaphysics?

> <snip> popular metaphysical topics often include
> discussion and analysis of subjects beyond the physical
> third dimension. Some examples of metaphysical topics
> include:

        free energy
        out of body experiences
        UFOs
        psychic phenomenon
        alternative healing

>Are There Any Common New Age Beliefs?

>Here's an unofficial list <snip>

>1.   You create your own reality and destiny.

>2.   You have certain challenges to face and overcome
      in this lifetime. If you don't learn your lessons
      this time, you'll get them again.

>3.   There is no such thing as coincidence.

>4.   There is more to life than meets the eye, much more.

>5.   Nothing really matters in this life unless it is done
>     for the benefit of others.

>6.   We are not alone.

>7.   We are multidimensional beings currently having a human
>     experience.

>8.   We are all receiving more help than we know, from
>     angels, spirit guides, ascended masters and others.

>9.   We can heal ourselves, our society, and our world.

>10.  The ultimate transformation for mankind is ascension.

<snip>

        The article is excellent!

        I appreciate seeing this posted.